careers at speke klein - We are hiring!
Speke Klein has been crafting high-quality wood furniture in our Durham, ON workshop for more than 20 years. We are seeking a motivated, hard-working individual to assist in our highly automated workshop, participating in all aspects of luxury wood furniture production, from rough cutting of lumber to assembly and finishing.
As a small business, our team of makers has a chance to engage in every step of the production process. The ideal candidate will be reliable, have a great attitude, be adaptable, willing to learn and able to work independently. Our hope is that the successful candidate will view this position as the beginning of a long-term career in woodworking with our company.
Wood-working experience is an asset, although we are happy to train the right candidate. Wages dependent on experience. If you would like to apply, please email your resume to info @ spekeklein.com or use the form below to get in touch.
Job tasks will involve, but not be limited to:
· Use of woodworking machinery and hand tools
· Processing of raw lumber
· Assembly of parts
· Inspection and finish sanding of assembled parts
The ideal candidate will:
· Have a great attitude and excellent work ethic
· Be eager and willing to learn
· Be able to follow written and oral instructions
· Have strong basic math skills
· Be able to read technical drawings
· Be reliable and punctual
· Able to lift and handle 50 lbs safely
· Be available full-time, Mon to Fri, 8:00am to 4:30pm